By Suresh Kumar, CFT
If you’re reading this article, you more than likely fall into one of two categories; you’re considering getting a Fibroblast Plasma Skin Tightening procedure or you just got a fibroblast procedure done. Either way, you’re in the right place. In this article I am going to answer one of the questions I most often get asked about fibroblast plasma skin tightening: How long do the results last?
When it comes to fibroblast skin tightening, the results, unlike most any other treatment, are dependent upon you and your actions post procedure. To better explain this, I must first clarify just how fibroblast works. Now, if you are reading this article you more than likely already have a baseline understanding of “what is fibroblast” and “how does it work?” But just in case you don’t, I’ll briefly explain.
Fibroblast uses your body’s own, natural healing capabilities to naturally tighten your skin and remove/eliminate wrinkles and loose skin. No fillers are used. No skin is cut. No gimmicky creams that just makes your skin “feel” tighter. Once your skin fully heals following the fibroblast treatment (maximum results are achieved within approximately 10-12 weeks) you’ve essentially reset the clock with regard to your skin. But that’s just the beginning. Let me give you an example…
After years of use, your car’s paint job is sure to show some signs of wear and tear. There may be some light scratches, maybe a few deep scratches, possibly a few rock chips from highway driving and, of course, some fading caused by the sun. At some point you may decide to get this taken care of, especially if you plan on keeping the car for any extended period of time.
To take care of a vehicle’s paint, you essentially have two options: get the car waxed and polished or, in severe cases, get a brand new paint job. With either option you choose, the end result is your car being restored to a significantly better condition. With the wax/polish option (and maybe a few paint touch-ups), your car is going to look drastically better. And with the new paint job option (depending on who you take your car to), it will essentially look brand new.
When you pick your car up following either of the above two options, a question many ask is, “how long will my car look like this” or “how long is this gonna last?” And the response you’ll get is uniform across the board… “it depends on how well you take care of it.” How do you take care of your car to keep it looking new? They’ll tell you to keep it out of the sun and always park in a garage or in shade whenever possible. They may also tell you to always keep a fresh coat of wax on it and give it touch up polishes every 90 days or so. They’ll tell you to avoid automatic car washes and opt for softer and gentler hand washing. They might tell you to avoid driving behind dump trucks or large vehicles on the highway to avoid those rock chips. Another tip would be to avoid parking too close to other vehicles; this helps prevent scratches and those annoying little dings and dents.
Now, you can do some of the things they tell you to do. You can do everything they tell you to do. Or, you can do none of what they tell you to do to help maintain your nice new paint. The choice it yours. But how long the paint stays looking shiny and new is entirely up to you and is solely based on what you do moving forward to take care of it. If you do everything they told you to do, your car is going to look amazing for years and years. If you do some of what they told you to do, you car will most likely look good for a few years. If you don’t do anything they told you to do, you’ll most likely be right back to where you started within a year; faded paint, dents, scratches, chips, etc.
This same principle holds true for fibroblast. How do you make your fibroblast results last? Well it depends on how well you take care of your skin, body and overall health post-procedure. So what are some of the things you can do to maximize your fibroblast results and make them last for years? Here is a list of what I personally tell my clients to do to optimize their fibroblast plasma skin tightening results and have them last for years.
1. Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun. Hats and sunglasses are your friends. When out in the sun, use sunblock. The sun wreaks havoc on many things. Your skin is one of them.
2. Drink more water! Nine out of ten clients of mine do not drink enough water every day. Many carry fancy water bottles around with them all day long. But carrying water and actually drinking the proper amount of water are two completely different things. I tell all my clients to drink no less than 100 oz. of water daily. I personally drink 128 oz. (1 gallon) per day. And no, wine doesn’t count. Which brings me to point number 3.
3. Minimize alcohol consumption. There really is no need to expand on this. We all know it. Alcohol (in excess) is not good for our bodies. And it’s especially not good for our skin.
4. Moisturize Moisturize Moisturize. Basic knowledge 101: If you want to keep something from drying or cracking, keep it wet. If you’re not moisturizing after your morning shower and before you go to bed, you’re not doing yourself any favors. And you don’t need the fancy stuff that they charge $85 for a 1.3 oz. tube. Some of the best moisturizers I’ve ever tried have also been some of the least expensive. Choose wisely.
5. Exfoliate…but not too much. Exfoliating is great for your skin and appearance. However, exfoliating too much can potentially strip your skin of it’s natural oils (moisture). Depending on skin type, I recommend that my clients only exfoliate 1-2 times per week. For most of my clients, exfoliating once a week is more than enough. NOTE: I advise my clients to abstain from any form of exfoliating for 12-14 weeks post fibroblast treatment.
6. Collagen! Collagen has been shown to help reduce wrinkles and dryness, increase muscle mass, prevent bone loss, and relieve joint pain. There are about a million collagen supplements you can take today: powders, pills, liquids, gummy bears. The best one I’ve found which has provided the best results is actually a liquid. I share this product with all of my clients and so far they have all been thrilled with the results.
7. Reduce Stress. Yeah this one kinda goes without saying, I know. But what most people don’t know is the true toll stress takes on your skin (especially your face). There’s no need for me to go into detail on this one. We all know that stress and inflammation is the root of all disease. So whatever it is you need to do to reduce and/or eliminate your stress, do it. And if you say drinking helps reduce your stress, just know that I feel you sister. But just keep it in check as best you can. I recommend meditation and yoga. These have both made immeasurable positive impacts in my life and the lives of my clients.
8. Sleep. Once again, no need to really expand on this one. Plenty of information out there for you about the benefits of sleep. But just remember, it’s not all about how many hours of sleep you get. The quality of “deep sleep” you get is equally, if not more, important. The 10-3-2-1-0 sleep regimen I share with my clients has a 100% success rate. Only problem is, only about 2% of people can actually do. But if you are serious about having better, younger looking skin and improved overall health, get your butt to bed.
I hope this answered some of the questions you may have had about fibroblast plasma skin tightening and wrinkle reduction. Getting rid of your wrinkles and tightening your skin with fibroblast is the easy part (just be sure you find a Certified Fibroblast Technician). Taking care of your skin and body following the fibroblast procedure is the real challenge. Once again, it’s totally up to you and how bad you want your results to last for a long time to come. They could last for a year or they could last for 5 years. It all depends on you.
A Pre-Med Graduate with a degree in Bio-Chemistry from The City University of New York, Suresh has been intimately involved in the beauty, health and wellness field for over 15 years. As one of the nations top Fully Certified Fibroblast Technicians, Suresh has quickly become the trusted aesthetic technician to celebrities and athletes from across the country. Suresh was classically trained by the world renowned Prive Academy in Slovenia. Led by Master Samo Sambol, The Prive Academy is widely recognized as the #1 fibroblast training institute in the world. Known for his soft-spoken and kind demeanor, steady hands, precision and attention to detail, the results experienced by Suresh’s clients speak for themselves. His clients find comfort in his quiet confidence and experience as one of the best, top tier fibroblast technicians in the nation. All clients are pre-screened by Suresh himself to ensure no detail is over-looked. Additionally, all procedures are conducted in a state-of-the-art medical-grade facility.