WHAT IS BRAIN REFUEL™ ?
Intravenous NAD+ is rapidly becoming the most robust tool to help revitalize our cells, replenish our energy reserves and create brain rejuvenation. NAD,(Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide) a Vitamin B3 derivative, has been successfully utilized for many years in intravenous protocols to help people with addiction.
Unlike the traditional protocols that take 6-8 hours to administer, we use the Koniver Wellness protocols. Dr. Koniver has re-engineered NAD+ and combined it with FastVitaminIV® to create meaningful, transformative IV protocols that take 1-2 hours.
Dr. Koniver discovered that the combination of NAD+ with his FastVitaminIV® also greatly helps people with depression, anxiety, PTSD, TBI’s neurological diseases and executive functioning.
The majority of people making use of the Brain Refuel™ program are busy executives looking for an energetic boost. Most people describe the effect as “calm clarity”.
The Brain Refuel™ protocols allow for individuals to be treated with a “loading dose” that leads into a “maintenance dose”.
These protocols are quite different than the typical “hangover IVs” that have become popular.
Brain Refuel™ is an incredible, life-transformational experience.
NAD+ Infusion Therapy
Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide (NAD+) is a coenzyme which acts as fuel for many biological processes such as converting food into energy, strengthening cellular defense and repairing damaged DNA. NAD+ is known to prevent the decaying of mitochondria: this is a key factor related to mental and physical dysfunction associated with aging. NAD+ can even help your body maintain its circadian rhythm for optimal sleep and recovery. As you age, your NAD+ levels naturally decline. This can potentially lead to premature aging. Low NAD+ levels have also been linked to chronic illnesses such as diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease and, in some cases, loss of vision. Recent testing has found that raising NAD+ levels may help reverse the signs of aging and lower your risk of a myriad of chronic diseases.
NAD (Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) a Vitamin B3 derivative has been successfully utilized for many years in intravenous protocols to help people with addiction. The combination of the NAD+ with FastVitaminIV® also greatly helps people with depression, anxiety, PTSD, TBI’s neurological diseases and executive functioning.
Sirtuins are a family of proteins that regulate cellular health and balance (homeostasis). Studies have shown that Sirtuins may help repair damaged DNA, boost stress resistance and reduce inflammation. Sirtuins are also responsible for the anti-aging and life extension benefits of calorie restricted (hypo-caloric) diets. Sirtuins can only function in the presence of NAD+, making NAD+ a critical piece to the anti-aging solution.
Research shows that your metabolism slows down as you age. This is due, in part, to less activity, muscle loss and the aging of your internal system. Resting metabolic rate (RMR), thermic effect of food (TEF), exercise and non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT) all determine your metabolic speed. The anti-aging benefits of NAD+ have been shown to potentially help boost your body’s metabolism, helping you lose and better manage your weight.
Risk factors for heart disease increase as we age. One such factor is the thickening/stiffening of blood vessels. This can lead to an increase in blood pressure levels, making your heart work overtime. Lab testing in animals found that raising NAD+ levels helped reverse these adverse affects to blood vessels and arteries. In human studies, increasing NAD+ levels helped reduce stiffness of blood vessels and lowered systolic blood pressure for those at risk for high blood pressure.
NAD+ plays a critical role in generating energy in your brain. When battling anxiety, depression and even illnesses such as MS, your body needs NAD+ to restore your brain to its’ optimal health. Studies show that NAD+ is involved in over 1,000 metabolic reactions needed for DNA repair, cell repair and ultimately, longevity and anti-aging. When you are able to improve cognitive function, the end result is increased mental clarity, concentration and focus.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Each Brain Refuel™ IV Treatment takes anywhere from 1-2 hours (on average)
- The NAD portion is dripped in like an IV infusion and once complete, the FastVitaminIV® portion is pushed in 1-2 minutes
The majority of patients start with a loading dose of five treatments, but some patients do need more and they start with a loading dose of 10 treatments. These treatments are best given as close together as possible.
- After the loading dose, most patients go on to a maintenance phase which may consist of one IV per week or even one IV per month. Every patient is unique.
- During the treatments, patients are free to read, work on their computer or just relax.
- After the treatments, there are no restrictions, although most patients find that they enjoy having quiet time to relax and reflect.
- The Brain Refuel™ Program are updated protocols from the original NAD protocols which are quite different. Because of this, we recommend that patients only receive this therapy from properly trained physicians who have been trained on the Brain Refuel™ Therapy.
- In between IV sessions, it is recommended that patients take some oral supplements as well to help keep the NAD+/FastVitaminIV® nutrients working at optimal ranges.
- The Brain Refuel™ Program is very well-tolerated and has helped children as young as 12 years old as well as adults in their 80’s